Tuesday: I was super depressed and stressing out. I literally cried for two hours straight on the couch. Why? Who knows! The baby will be here very soon, and I guess I started to panic. I started thinking about how Jaidyn and my relationship might suffer, how Kyle and my relationship might change, but mostly, I started remembering how much I used to worry about Jaidyn as a baby, and how much I still worry about her today. We are talking worrying so much that it nearly makes me sick, that my heart literally aches. I know the moment that I lay eyes on this little boy I am going to be hooked for life, and I will fall so madly in love with him. With all that love comes tons and tons of worry. Now I have two babies I have to worry about, and sometimes I'm afraid that my heart will explode with love and concern for them. I know what the Lord says about worrying, and I try to remind myself of that and give it all over to Him, but this is the one thing that I have trouble giving complete control over to Him on. It always has been. I pray for my children more than you could imagine, and I need to trust that that, along with Kyle and I doing everything we can to protect them, will be enough. After my cry fest, I picked up Jaidyn and decided we needed another Jac date. Our Jac dates used to be once a week, but I've noticed that the further along we get in this pregnancy, the more of them we've been having. I'm trying to give her as much mommy and Jaidyn time as possible before our little guy comes! We played another game of LIFE together, and then she played while I finished up my speech and slideshows. My speech (my last speech), is about her, and I can't wait to give it! We then came home and Kyle grilled burgers on our new grill. Then we did some laundry together, and went to Family Video to rent Pretty Woman. We put Jaidyn to bed, Kyle made me some buttery popcorn, and we snuggled up and watched the movies. It was just what I needed to make me feel better!
Wednesday: Woke up and completed my speech. Found out from Kyle that a 3 bedroom townhouse opened up here! So we went to take a look at it, and after being there about 2 seconds decided that we were going to take it! The kids will now each have their own rooms, although the rooms are significantly smaller than Jaidyn's room is now, and we have washer and dryer hookups! After looking, we went to Youth Alive. I then went to speech class, and then we picked up bug. We took her to McDonalds's for an icecream and surprised her with the apartment news. She was so excited! We then took her to see the apartment and signed the paperwork. She's already got her new room picked out! After that we went home, changed clothes, and headed out to take maternity pictures! After about an hour it started to rain, but taking the pictures was fun, and we decided to come back out the next day! We ate at our favorite mexican restaurant for dinner! Then came home, edited pics, and went to bed!
Thursday: Went to Jaidyn's class around 10:30 as I do every week. Stayed and had lunch with her. Went to Calculus for exam review day. Picked up Jaidyn from school. Went home and figured out her new wall design. She currently has a beautiful tree decal on her wall with birds, butterflies, and cute little baby deer! I may cry when I take them down. I love them! So I asked her what she wanted to do with her new room. She wants an ocean theme. Mommy attempted to change her mind (I was hoping she'd go with another tree or a garden theme, but nope, I have a stubborn child!), but I remember being young and getting to choose how I wanted my room, and I want her to have that same experience. When daddy got home we went and took some more maternity pictures. This time the sun was shining like crazy, so we tried to play with the sun a bit, and I think it worked to our advantage. We then went to Pag's for pizza, and headed back to family video. I told Kyle that since he put up with my grumpy butt while taking pics for two days, that he should go rent whatever guy movie he wanted. So he rented Captain America, and we watched it while I edited more pics. Kyle then introduced me to Draw Something...uh oh. This could be bad!
Friday: Woke Jaidyn up for her bath around 7. By 8 we were sitting in the ER :/ After she was out of the tub and I was drying her off, she took a step backwards, tripped into the bathtub, and banged her head really hard. I tried so hard to catch her, but my darn pregnant belly got in the way of that! Well, I don't mess around with head injuries at all, so we wiped away some tears, got dressed, and headed for the hospital. It was a pretty quick visit. We were told to observe her for the rest of the day and make sure she wasn't throwing up, acting strange, etc. So glad that my baby was ok! Daddy took her out for Steak and Shake breakfast afterwards. What a good man we have! Mommy and Jaidyn went home to take it easy for the rest of the day. I felt absolutely nauseous most of the day, so I spent a lot of time on the couch while Jaidyn watched My Little Pony and played nicely near by. I then took the longest bath of my life, while Jaidyn sat on the floor next to me, and we talked about what it was going to be like being a big sister. Baby boy danced in my belly pretty much the entire time I was in the bath, and Jaidyn got a kick out of that! Daddy came home and we grilled out while Jaidyn rolled down the hill. She's been asking all week to roll down the tiny hill in the backyard, so we let her go crazy for a good 30 minutes or so! Then we went grocery shopping. This may sound weird, but one of my favorite things to do is go grocery shopping as a family. It's about to get way more interesting, I am sure! Once we got home, Jaidyn went to bed, daddy popped mommy some more popcorn, and we watched Lost Boys!
Saturday: Woke up late (what's new?). Daddy went to work while we got ready to go to my moms. We (Jaidyn and I) left around 10am. We had a nice drive there, Jaidyn was very well behaved, and played with her new pony the whole way there. I almost made it all the way there without having to stop for a bathroom, but we ended up stopping about 10 minutes away and grabbed some Arby's to take to moms. Went to moms and found out that the shower I drove all the way there for was at noon instead of 2. It was about 11:50 when I figured this out (love pregnancy brain!), so I inhaled my Arby's, and went to the shower location late. It was a lovely shower! I sat with Jen and Amy and a girl with an adorable 7 week old baby boy! Man was that hard! I wanted my baby so badly! We ate, played games, and then Amy opened gifts. While they were cleaning I got to chat with Rachel and see her new little guy who I hadn't seen yet! After the shower we all went to a little art studio and painted pottery. It was so much fun, and something I've never done before! I chose to paint a little cupcake shaped box for Jaidyn. It turned out really good (at least before they baked it, we will see how it turns out after they do that!). I definitely plan to have a date night with Kyle at a place like that. It was fun and relaxing! After painting, we ate Mexican, and then went to the hotel for the bachelorette party. I didn't stay very long for that part. I wanted to get back to Jaidyn. I should have stayed longer though, because by the time I got back to moms house, Jaidyn was pre-occupied playing with Reece's daughter, and wanted nothing to do with mommy :(. So I stayed up too late chatting with mom, then went to bed with Chloe dog! She snuggled me all night long!
Sunday: Skipped church to start working on finals and get some alone time, with Chloe of course! Tisk, tisk. Jaidyn went to church with mom. Afterwards, we ate some pizza then headed home. But of course Jaidyn left her new little pony at Mimi's, so we went back for it. We drove home in the rain, and got back around 3:45. Kissed and hugged Daddy, then we all hopped in the car and headed to Katie's confirmation party. Ate delicious food, chatted with friends, then mommy and Jaidyn went home while Daddy went to youth group. I was exhausted, so I didn't get much accomplished the rest of the night!
![]() |
| Before Painting |
![]() |
| After painting, but before they bake it. It will look crazy different once they do that! |



No comments:
Post a Comment