Just when you think you’re starting to get all of your ducks in a row, something comes along and alters your well laid out plans. I am a planner. I like things to go the way that I picture them going, and I am totally thrown off balance when there is a bump in the road that interferes with my plans. We originally had chosen a doula that we liked very much, but unfortunately she wasn’t able to work with us due to a second job. Totally understandable. I briefly searched for more doula options after that, and found some good ones, but ultimately decided that we would just save the money and do it on our own. Recently though, as we are getting closer and closer to our babys arrival, I have started to really regret not finding another doula. I trust Kyle 100% to be a great support system on the day that we have our baby, however, if something comes up and he and I both end up in panic mode, I’d feel more comfortable having a woman, another mother, there with me to help me through it. Someone who knows exactly what it feels like, both physically and emotionally, to give birth to a baby. So I searched over the weekend, and emailed about 4 different doulas. I heard back from my first choice very quickly, and we began setting up a time to meet. That time was supposed to be this evening at 5:30. I’ve really been anticipating our meeting, until I received a text message this morning around 11:30am. It was from my mom, informing me that the doula we had chosen was not popular with our midwives, and had a bad reputation at the hospital we are delivering at. At this point, I was already upset because I was running behind and had to leave in an hour for class, the lunch I had anticipated making wasn’t going to work out because my loving husband took something I needed for it to lunch with him (this is a big deal to a pregnant lady!), and now this. I was on the verge of tears. Well, I got over it and remembered that another one of the doula's had emailed me back this weekend, one that my midwife absolutely loves! She is more expensive, but she is also willing to negotiate prices for those who need it. We will be meeting with her on Wednesday after our ultrasound, and I am praying that this will work out! Time is ticking, and I want to be able to get to know my birth companion before the big day arrives. Hopefully things are going to start to slow down soon so that this mama can start relaxing before we become Creel, party of 4!
![]() |
| Click to meet our potential Doula! |


No comments:
Post a Comment