Sunday, April 15, 2012

My Pregnancy Must Haves


1.  These aren't the exact bras that I have, but they are pretty darn close.  I just recently discovered these, and I wish that I had had them for my first trimester!  They are super comfy, which is great for my sore breasts.  I originally bought two of these to wear during and after delivery because they are super stretchy, and I knew they would come in handy for breastfeeding.  But they are so comfy that I wear them when I'm lounging around at home.  I went back to Walmart and bought two more.  I think they will be nice for postpartum too because of how stretchy and comfortable they are, and they pull down easily for breastfeeding.  They were like $4 a piece, so you can't go wrong with that!  And they come in all kinds of colors.  I will probably buy some more!


2. Tums, sugar free- I've had some heartburn, but thankfully it hasn't been too bad yet!  I keep these by my bed and they have been a life saver.  They are sugar free too, so that it wont raise my blood sugar and mess with my fasting numbers in the morning.


3. Palmer's Cocoa Butter for stretch marks- A lot of people don't like the way that this smells, but it doesn't bother me.  I used this my entire pregnancy with Jaidyn and didn't get a single stretch mark, so it was one of the first things I went out to buy when I found out I was pregnant.  So far, I haven't gotten any stretch marks this time around either!


4.  This is my absolute favorite pregnancy item!!  My boppy!  My wonderful husband bought this for me pretty early on in my pregnancy when I started experiencing some hip pain while sleeping.  This thing is a dream.  (I'm literally laying on it while I type this.)  I've had zero hip pain since I started sleeping with it, and it helps me to sleep on my sides at night as opposed to my back.  It's so comfortable that I have a really hard time getting out of bed in the morning.  I swear by this pillow!


5. Ina May's Guide to Childbirth- I love this book!  I just started reading it recently, and I wish I would have started it sooner.  The birth stories in it are great and so inspiring.  It's taught me a lot about childbirth, and changed my attitude on the whole experience.  It's helping me prepare for a natural birth, and is just so encouraging.  It shows the beauty in birth.  It's taken the fear out of birth for me, and replaced that fear with excitement!  I can't wait for the birth of my amazing little boy!


6. Yes to Tomatoes Facial Moisturizer- This stuff has saved my skin.  When I found out I was pregnant, I knew that meant that I couldn't use my acne cream anymore before of the acids and stuff in it.  This was a bummer because even though my entire face doesn't tend to break out, I still get a few pimples here and there quite frequently.  I was avoiding using any facial products with chemicals in it.  So I switched to Yes to Tomatoes and Yes to Carrots products (they are both natural products).  I have hardly had a pimple since I started using it.  My skin has never been better than it is now.  Even if you're not pregnant, you should use this stuff.  It's expensive, but worth it.


7. This one is a no brainer.  Water is super super important when you are pregnant, and even more important when you have GD.  It helps keep my blood sugar levels normal.  I've never been a big water drinker before, but boy have I drank a ton of it during this pregnancy!  We go through probably two cases of water (at least) a week, and that isn't including the case of small water bottles that we buy Jaidyn.  I hope that after I have this baby, I will keep drinking this much water, because even though it makes me pee constantly, I feel so good when I drink it.


8.  The Belly Book- Kyle and I saw this at Barnes and Noble when we were trying to conceive, and I told him once we got pregnant, I wanted to get this book.  I have a few other pregnancy journal type books, but this is really the only one that I've consistently used.  It's a great little book for posting pictures of your bump each week, and talking about how that week has been.  There are also pages where you can write about doctors appointments, ultrasounds, cravings, baby names, etc.


Well, there you have it folks!  My pregnancy must haves!  I'm sure I could have added more things to the list, but these are definitely my favorites!

No comments:

Post a Comment