So, I have seen so many beautiful silhouette maternity pictures on pinterest and just knew that I had to have some taken! We recently contacted a photographer in our area to see if she would be interested in taking some. She said absolutely, but it would be her first time doing something like that, so if we didn't like the way they turned out, we wouldn't have to pay for the session, which is a pretty sweet deal. I was supposed to contact her sometime soon to set up an appointment. Well tonight I was sitting on the couch looking out of our living room window, and an idea popped into my head that has popped into my head many times recently. "I wonder if I could take silhouette pictures in front of that big window? If I just move the TV, and stand on the TV stand, it might work." Well, I decided to experiment on Jaidyn. I had her stand up there, took a picture of her, and then edited it in picnik.
Turned out great, didn't it? So I decided that when Kyle got home from work, we would attempt some maternity silhouette pictures. It took us awhile to get me positioned just right. We had to mess with the curtains, and I had to kneel on some pillows to get my height just right. But, we finally got it! Kyle spent about 20 minutes or so taking pictures, and then I edited them using picnik. I had found a tutorial online awhile back that showed me how to edit them. Thank goodness for that! Here is the website: http://www.newbornphotoprops.com/creating-a-beautiful-silhouette-pregnancy-picture . I had asked someone we knew to help us take these awhile back, and they said it would be too much of a pain in the butt and cost too much money to set up, but I must say, it was super easy. No fancy cameras, no expensive lighting....just ourselves, our camera, our living room, and the beautiful, natural sunlight. I was also way more comfortable and way more myself having my husband take these than some stranger. Now, the ones that we posted were all of me wearing a lace bandeau bra, but we took some nude ones just for us. The are really very beautiful and artistic. I am so happy with the way that they turned out! I am super proud of Kyle, who did an awesome job! And we just saved ourselves $200! Here are some of our favorites:










These turned out beautifully! You have such a cute prego silhouette. My tummy didn't stick out very far even when I was at 36 weeks. Our friend who took our pictures was like arch your back more and stick out your tummy! When were trying to do a profile of my belly. lol.
ReplyDelete