Well of course we did what WE wanted to do, and went for an early ultra sound. Totally worth the $50...in fact, we would have payed more! Plus, it was in Bloomington, so afterwards we got to meet with our (hopefully) future doula, and got to go to dinner with my mom and two of my brothers! Any-who, we went to a place called Little Wonders, the closest place to have an early gender scan or 3D/4D ultrasounds. The place was adorable. The room that we went in was beautifully decorated, and had such a nice homey feel to it, rather than being in a hospital room. There was a giant screen on the wall so that we could watch our baby during the ultrasound.
When the ultrasound started, I was super nervous! You only get a 10 minute session here, and I was so worried about the baby not cooperating, and us wasting a trip and money! At first, the little stinker wasn't cooperating, although it wasn't his fault! His cord was sitting right in between his little legs, making it impossible to see a thing! I started to get really nervous at this point. The tech wiggled my belly a little bit, and finally the little guy started to move! He is such a squirmer! It took a few more minutes to get a decent shot, since he was moving around so much. She kept saying little things like "oh, there it is!" Then said to her assistant, "Do you see it? It's what I think it is, right? Well, should we call it?" We were dying from the suspense....especially Daddy! Finally she said, "Congratulations you guys! It's a boy!" I had to choke back tears, which was totally unexpected. The looks on Jaidyn and Daddy's face said it all, they were so happy! We had a big family hug, and then got to watch the little guy on the screen for a few more minutes. We only payed for a 2D scan, but she turned on the 3D for us and we got to see an even better view of his little baby face and body. Our favorite part was when he flipped his legs and torso up over his head. He just kind of sat in that position for a minute, looking like a total goof, and then flipped all the way over into a somersault! Everyone was laughing at how adorable he was! We got a cute little red heart recorder with a recording of the little guys heartbeat on it too, which was very neat. We were also only supposed to get one picture, but ended up with 5, including two 3D pictures. See! Totally worth it :)
I couldn't get to sleep until almost 1am this morning, because all I could think about was the little baby boy living inside of me. It's such a weird, new thing to me. I've only known Jaidyn, so this is totally a new adventure, but one that I am really looking forward to! I feel incredibly blessed that God has blessed me with a son and a daughter! I can't wait until our family is complete this summer!
![]() |
| (Click to enlarge) |


That is so sweet! I'm glad you didn't listen to everyone else and did what you and your family wanted to do! We're so happy for you all. I love reading all your updates. I'm also praying for you all!
ReplyDelete-Dede