Thursday, February 23, 2012

A Lack of Sleep and Baby Registries

I could not for the life of me sleep last night.  I was panicking, for no reason really, about not having baby Creel's crib and bassinet ordered yet.  The one that we wanted doesn't come out until April 30th, and the wait has been really hard for me.  I don't know why, but it's been bothering me a lot.  So we had decided last night to go ahead and purchase the Bam bassinet by itself, since it's already out, and just get another crib elsewhere, so that we could have them a little earlier.  The set that we were waiting for (Bam Bam) was around $530, which isn't bad considering it's a bassinet that converts into a crib which then converts into a toddler bed.  And it's environmentally friendly and safe, which is important to us.  The bassinet alone was going to cost us $250, which we both agreed was doable..... until I figured out that the shipping was going to cost another $130!!  That is just insane, so we decided to start over from square one and look for other safe alternatives.  This stressed me out even more, because it took me long enough to find the Bam Bam set and I had no idea how I was going to find something else.  It's really hard to find non-toxic furniture that doesn't cost thousands of dollars.  But I happened to stumble upon DaVinci baby furniture which is non-toxic and formaldehyde (yuck!) free, and very reasonably priced.  So, we've decided to go with the DaVinci Kalani Crib and the DaVinci Chloe Cradle.  They are both so beautiful, and I can't wait to get them ordered!  The shipping is free and super fast, so by next weekend our little man should have a crib and cradle all set up!  Again, I think I'm trying to get everything done so quickly this time since Jaidyn came early and I was completely unprepared!  I spent the rest of the morning finishing up our baby registry, and I can tell you that a huge weight has been lifted.  I was ridiculously stressed out, for no reason at all, but now I feel like I can breath again.  And hopefully tonight I will be able to sleep well and not dream about cribs and bassinets.  I wish I was kidding, but that's all that was going through my mind last night, even in the little bit of time that I actually slept.  Not to mention my body was in a lot of pain last night, making sleeping even more impossible.






All of the fun stuff that we ordered last week for the baby, including the bedding we got for him and Jaidyn, arrived this week!  We were so excited to receive packages each day, like a bunch of little kiddos on Christmas morning!  Most of what we ordered is made from 100% organic cotton, and let me tell you, you can tell the difference!  It is soooo soft!  I bought the baby this really cute Baby Soy kimono, and I fell in love with it after I took it out of the package.  It's adorable and oh so soft!  I added a ton of Baby Soy clothes to our registry, and to be honest, I think I'm more excited about that than anything else on there.  I can't tell you how excited I am to meet our baby this summer.  Everything is going to change so much, and we are all so excited for those changes.  This baby was without a doubt given to us from God, and I am so grateful to Him for everything he's done for our family.


New Baby Gear!


















Here is the link to our baby registry!  Of course you don't have to buy anything, but they are fun to look at!  And you can always make fun of how hippy we are, especially when you see the amber teething necklace on there ;)
http://www.amazon.com/registry/baby/10H8XAGMB5TV8

No comments:

Post a Comment