We had a plan, a perfectly laid out plan on when we were going to get pregnant, when the baby would be arriving, and when I would finish up my schooling. Well, things don't always go as planned, do they? Some may think that we are absolutely insane planning a baby as soon as we got married. But, we already have a beautiful 6 year old in our lives, so why wait to add another beautiful child to our family? Like I said, we had it all planned out.
Like any good pre-baby mama, I started taking my vitamins early, started exercising daily, read What to Expect Before You're Expecting, started eating healthy, and....nothing. 6 months of nothing! 'Why God, why? I even scheduled my last Chemistry class around us trying to make a baby! It's just not fair!!' This was pretty much my attitude. There were months when I swore up and down that I was pregnant....I lacked energy, my boobs hurts, I was nauseous...I just knew that I was pregnant. But after months of negative tests, we gave up. Not on having a baby, but on really trying to have a baby. We gave up on it being the only thing we ever talking about and the only thing we ever thought about. We decided to hand it over to God. We knew that when He wanted us to have a baby, He would bless us with one. And sure enough, the day after I went to visit my friend Cass's beautiful new baby girl at the hospital, we got our positive! And God's plan is working out so much better than the one that we had planned (as usual)!
So, you want to know about the night we found out, right? Sure you do! Daddy was at his monthly youth board meeting, so it was just the two of us girls at home. I don't even know why I decided to test that night....mothers intuition? I was bored? Who knows! But, I went upstairs and took a test. I ignored it for a while, because I knew what it would say. But, I just so happened to glance down at it, and I seriously think my heart stopped. I got all light headed, I couldn't even believe my eyes! Two lines....finally! I screamed for Jaidyn to come upstairs, and said "Mommy's pregnant!!" We jumped up and down together giggling like a couple of giddy school girls. But daddy would still be at his meeting for awhile, and mommy is terrible at keeping secrets. I sent him a text and told him that as soon as he could, he needed to come home. Jaidyn and I made some signs. Mine said "Congrats New Daddy!" And hers said "I'm going to be a big sister!" We were holding them when he walked through the door. He was a little shocked and confused at first, but when he finally understood, he had a huge grin on his face! We spent the entire night basically in shock. We just kept looking at each other and saying "are we really having a baby?? I can't believe we are having a baby!" And here we are, 15 weeks later (at 18 weeks), anxiously awaiting the next 22 weeks to fly on by so that we can hold that beautiful little baby in our arms!
![]() |
| (Clicky to make bigger) |


No comments:
Post a Comment