Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The Creel's 2nd Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day!  We don't really do much for Valentine's Day around here.  At least not when it comes to buying each other expensive gifts, which none of us really need.  Daddy left us some surprises out when he left for work on Saturday morning.  Mommy got some chocolates and Breaking Dawn, and sissy got some candy and a Veggie Tales dvd.  Baby boy really likes the chocolate.  He dances around every time I have a piece! 















Last night Jaidyn and I spent a good 2 1/2 hours making homemade valentines for her party at school today.  She cut out all 25 completely on her own.  I was very impressed!  She also put the googly eyes on the suckers.  She was a big helper last night, with zero complaining!  I had been planning on attending her party at school today, and was really bummed when I came down with something last night and was unable to go.  I woke up twice last night shivering, and running a fever.  I was miserable, and very worried about the baby.  Thankfully he's been very active today, so I can rest assure that he is ok!



Jaidyn had a blast at her party today.  She enjoyed passing out her valentines and watching as her homemade mailbox got filled with valentines from her friends.  After I picked her up from school today, I took her to the JAC for her usual cinnamon roll, and also so that I could surprise her with the gift that I got her.  I bought her a new zooble pet and house, and a Word World dvd.  She was so grateful!  She got out of her seat, ran over to me, and gave me the biggest hug!  I love it when she is grateful for things!  Makes me feel like we are raising her right.


Jaidyn at the JAC














When we got home from the JAC, we immediately began working on Daddy's Valentine's Day dinner.  Well, mommy cooked while Jaidyn licked spoons and played with her new toy!  I worked none stop for 3 hours.  I decided to make a chocolate cake from scratch, and it took forever, but was totally worth it.  It was a hit, and turned out way better than I had expected.  After I finished the cake, I started on dinner.  I made penne pasta in vodka cream sauce (don't worry, I used only 2 tbsp of vodka which simmered for about 20 minutes, so I doubt any alcohol was left over!).  Daddy loved his meal!  And despite feeling horrible all day, I was very happy to make it for him!  He's been a dream since we found out we were pregnant.  He's been doing so much, and helping out a lot.  I couldn't have asked for a better husband! 


Amazing Valentine's Day!
Chocolate Raspberry Cake
Recipe from skinnytaste.com

1 comment:

  1. Aw, that sounds like a great day for a family. :) Sorry to hear you're not feeling well! I remember that I came down with something when I was pregnant and it was the worst I had ever felt in my life! It's definitely no fun to be sick when you're pregnant and can't take any meds.

    ReplyDelete