That reminds me of a time (I think it was right after we got married), when I came home, and Jaidyn's entire head was covered in braids! "I wanted to practice," he said as I looked at him like he was nuts. I must admit, the man can braid! I thought it was adorable that a man with no experience fathering a little girl before he was thrown into our crazy world, took it upon himself to practice doing his little girls hair. He's been a wonderful father to Jaidyn since the moment we started dating. It wasn't easy being tossed into fatherhood, but he has never once complained, and never once treated Jaidyn like anything other than his own. How did I get so lucky? I thank God every day for bringing him into our lives. And I am so excited to watch him father our son from the moment he enters this world. It's hard on Kyle, knowing that he missed so many years of Jaidyn's life. It honestly hurts his heart sometimes, but thankfully, I have a wonderful collection of photos and videos of that silly little girl for him to watch! He deserves so much to be a father from the very beginning, and I just can't wait. I truly feel like once this baby boy gets here, our family will be complete.
Here is one of those old videos I was talking about!
I completely diverged there for a minute. Let's get back to being 20 weeks pregnant! I pray that the next 20 weeks will go by super quickly, because we are all so anxious to hold that little boy (especially Jaidyn!). Jaidyn came at 37 weeks, and I am hoping that maybe this baby will arrive a little early too (but not too early, we want him healthy and strong)! I have a feeling that the next 10 weeks are going to fly by, and the last are going to drag on forever. Our little guy is still super active throughout the day. I've noticed that he prefers the lower, right side of my belly to snuggle up against. But, if Charlie cat or Jaidyn comes and snuggles up with me, he will swim over to where they are and start kicking. I love how he is bonding with all of us already! I am most excited to see the relationship between him and Jaidyn develop once he gets here. I have a feeling he will already know who she is, because she is constantly attached to my belly. She sings to the baby, talks to the baby, and kisses him all the time! My favorite thing is that every morning she crawls into my bed, lays down facing me, and cups my belly in her hands. Before she even says a word to me, she says good morning to her little brother. It's something I've started looking forward to every morning.
I had my worries about having a baby when she was past the age of six, thinking that I ruined the sibling experience for her. But now, I am so excited about their age difference. I'm glad that she is old enough to go through this experience with us, and I mean really be a part of it. She's old enough to understand, to be emotionally attached to the baby, and she is just so excited. She is going to be such a good big sister; so motherly to him. I can't say it enough. Thank you God. I owe all that I have to you.
![]() |
| Here are some 19 and 20 week pictures. |
![]() |
| Sibling Bonding |
![]() |
| Kitty boy bonding |
![]() |
| Since we just started week 20, we don't have a week 20 update yet, but it is coming soon! |





I love it! I agree about the age gap. I thought when he had Jonah I would want one right after the other but I like the idea now that we've waited a few years that by the time we do he will be old enough to know what's going on and understand better than he would have. Jaidyn will be such a great little helper with the new baby and I'm glad Kyle is getting to absorb this whole process!
ReplyDelete