Wednesday, June 20, 2012

38 Week Update



Before I start my usual update, I should probably mention that since last Thursday I've been having consistent contractions.  My doula calls it prodromal labor....where my uterus is basically not doing its job.  I've literally had contractions at least 10 minutes apart, sometimes less, for days, but it's not making my cervix dilate like it's supposed to.  It's basically a slow, early labor.  I was pretty miserable about it at first, but I have pretty much accepted it now, and it's becoming slightly less noticeable, except at night when it really picks up.  Last week I pretty much went two days without sleeping because my contractions were keeping me up, and after a trip to labor and delivery (where my contractions were 3-7 minutes apart but not dilating me), I was given a prescription of ambien.  I'm not a big fan of taking medicine while pregnant, but I'm also not a big fan of having to deliver a baby on zero sleep.  Despite all of this junk, I still don't hate being pregnant, and would gladly do this all again :)  Especially if it means that my little boy will be in my arms soon!    




His size: Pumpkin



Total Weight Gain: still 22 lbs


Sleep: Great now that I have my good friend ambien :/      


Cravings: I think I'm over cravings.  Everything gives me heartburn so I just eat what I can.  Although I have really wanted a skillet cookie all week....maybe I will have to make one tonight!   


Symptoms: Contractions, contractions, contractions!  Heartburn, hip pain every now and then, back pain, nausea.  


Stretchmarks: none


Movement:  Still moving....I wish he'd move his way on down and out! :)


Belly button: out


What I miss: I am so ready for that first glass of wine.  Oh how I miss the taste.  And of course once this little boy has arrived, Kyle is going to get me some sushi!


What I am looking forward to:  An end to prodromal labor and the start of active labor.  Yes, I am actually looking forward to my contractions becoming painful so that this baby boy will be here!


Special moments:  Honestly, I can't think of anything I'd consider too special.  I spend the weekend at my moms, and then she came to stay here Monday and Tuesday which was nice.  Jaidyn and I have spent lots of time bouncing and swaying on our exercise balls in a effort to "bounce the baby out".  She and I are trying to spend lots of time together before her bubby gets here!  We taken a few family walks, and I've been enjoying watching old episodes of Pretty Little Liars on netflix.  I am just trying to take it easy until the little guy arrives.  


Appointment:  I had an appointment on June 20th.  My doula came along this time which was nice!  It's great to have someone to sympathize with everything I'm going through since men really have no clue!  I had my 4th (if you can believe it) cervical check in a week and a half, and I am now 2 cm and 80% effaced, so I have at least made some progress in the last week.  My midwife said that my cervix is super, super soft which is another great sign!  After our appointment we went and ate lunch with my mom, where after some discussion we decided to switch hospitals for delivery.  The one we originally chose is being super strict and a pain about everything because of my GD, plus we found out today that the laboring jacuzzi's are broken, and I really, really want to use them, so we decided to switch!  Hopefully our experience there will be a great one!  

No comments:

Post a Comment