Thursday, June 14, 2012
37 Week Update
His size: Winter Melon
Total Weight Gain: 22 lbs. Looks like someone needs to lay off of the popcorn....
Sleep: Is pointless....I wake up every night with acidy stuff in my throat and almost throw up. It's lovely, really. On a good note, my hips haven't hurt as much while sleeping, but that could be because most of the night I am sitting up watching crap on netflix instead of sleeping soundly, snuggled up with my boppy. Not to mention, I am nauseous most of the night because of the heartburn/acid reflux. Let's just say, I finished the series Greek, and have now started watching both Dawson's Creek and Pretty Little Liars from the beginning to give myself something to do at night. The past few nights contractions have also woke me up. See...pointless.
Cravings: I've had quite a few PB&J's this week. Makes baby dance at night!
Symptoms: Contractions, which are more frequent and more painful. Non-stop cramping which started Sunday evening. Nausea, heartburn, acid reflux, back pain....need I say more? I am feeling great right now....but I'm still not complaining, because my boy will be here soon!
Stretchmarks: none
Movement: I think it's slowed down just a little bit, but he still moves enough that mommy doesn't have to worry.
Belly button: out
What I miss: Sleep. But, I won't be getting much of that when the little guy is here anyway :)
What I am looking forward to: Having my baby!!
Special moments: I wouldn't really consider this to be special, but we had a false alarm on Saturday. I won't get all TMI and go into details, but basically Friday I thought I was leaking amniotic fluid (and no, I didn't pee my pants! (; ). It was still occurring Saturday, so our midwife told us to go to labor and delivery. Our bags were already packed, so we put them in the car and headed to the hospital. After an hour and a half of tests and being monitored, we were sent home with no baby boy. Jaidyn was so disappointed. As we were leaving, she stopped walking and demanded that we stay until she got her baby brother! It was so sweet how excited she was, but sad how disappointed she and Kyle were. As we were leaving for the hospital, Jaidyn said, "Yessss! I am going to get to snuggle you again!" Needless to say on the car ride home there were tears as she said, "Now I still won't get to snuggle you". Poor girl is going to break my heart!
Appointment: Now that appointments are getting more frequent and less boring, I will add this to the list! I was very excited about this appointment, because I was going to have my cervix checked and was anxious to see if any progress was being made, and it was our last sonogram. Needless to say, I ended up crying in the waiting room. Almost nothing went right yesterday. We got there early (which is good for us), checked in downstairs, then upstairs, and sat down to wait. We were told that we needed to go downstairs to talk to some lady about our insurance. I knew what this was about. Basically last month we received a letter letting us know that we were being removed from our insurance June 1st (great timing, right??). We have since reapplied and are now playing the waiting game. Anyways, so we had to go into a room with some lady and explain why we didn't have insurance, which made me feel like a huge failure...cue the tears. Meanwhile I receive a text from our doula saying that she is at a birth and won't be at our appointment, and that our midwife is also at the hospital. I had for once come so prepared. I brought my sugars, my birth plan, a notebook full of notes about the symptoms I'd been having lately....and I wouldn't even be seeing my midwife or my doula. I wanted to cry all over again. But, we went back upstairs and started our sono. Seeing my baby boy made me feel better. He is ~6 lbs 7oz, which is wonderful news! After the sono I met with an OB that I have seen one other time (she would have taken over as my doctor had I not been able to keep my diabetes under control). She said that the baby looked great, and will probably be in the 7 lb range, which is perfect! She checked me, and I am 1 cm dilated and 75% effaced, very soft, and with a very, very low baby boy. Progress! She then offered an induction at 39 weeks....which really bothered me. I really like this doctor, and have nothing against her whatsoever, but it bothers me how available inductions are these days. My baby is perfectly healthy, and growing beautifully. There is no reason for an induction, so I definitely said no...but I almost wish she hadn't said anything because now it's in the back of my head that if I were to say yes, I could potentially be holding my baby by next Friday. It's so frustrating that we live in a world with such high induction and c-section rates. I will wait for my little man to come into this world when he is ready :) I certainly hope it's soon....but I will let him and God decide!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment