His size: Durian....I've never even heard of this before, but here's a pic to give you a visual!
Total Weight Gain: I actually lost a couple of ounces this time around. Not sure how, since he has grown so much, and we've been eating out a lot since we moved. So this makes the total gain somewhere around 15 and 16 lbs.
Sleep: All depends on the night. Sometimes my hips hurt worse than others. I may kill the cat by the time this pregnancy ends though. He wants to come snuggle my head every night, which would be fine, except he has this habit of digging his claws into my head, which isn't pleasant. Between him and having to pee, I can't even tell you how many times I get up each night!
Cravings: Still popcorn, and Dr. Pepper. This baby loves Dr. Pepper. I wont usually let myself drink a whole can of it, but I do give him some sips every now and then!
Symptoms: BH contractions, which I am starting to get used to to the point where I hardly notice them anymore. Lots of pressure, thanks to a growing baby boy! He likes to punch my cervix too, so I get a lot of sharp cervix pain. Ugh, and heartburn. I'm still a bit uncomfortable, but other than that, I can't complain much. I am feeling pretty good for being so pregnant!
Stretchmarks: none
Movement: Still moves like crazy. He isn't a fan of ultrasounds, and moved a lot during his recent one. I wouldn't like people pushing on me either!
Belly button: Out a little bit, depending on baby's position
What I miss: Eating what I want
What I am looking forward to: bringing home a baby!
Special moments: We had another ultrasound yesterday. I am always so nervous before these. I really fear being told that he's growing too quickly and will need to come out early. Too be honest, if that ever happens, I will feel like a complete failure as a mother. I will feel like it's my fault for cheating on my diet every now and then, and not being better about controlling my GD. But yesterday, we got great news! He is 4 lbs. 8 oz, and in the 48th growth percentile. Everything is right on schedule, and my midwife said that she'd even let me go past my due date as long as things continue to progress so well, which means no induction! Now, I'd really rather not go past my due date, but I also really don't want to be induced. Since I am GBS positive and will need antibiotics when I deliver, I can't have my membranes stripped, which means I'd have to go the pitocin route, which is the last things that we want. If that's what needs to happen, we will deal with it, but I am praying he will come on his own!
He was absolutely adorable during his ultrasound! He once again had his little hands up by his face, so we weren't able to get any 3D pics this time, but that's alright! I can't wait to see if he sleeps with his hands up by his face once he's an outside baby! I think it's so precious! He yawned a TON too. Like every few seconds. Poor baby just wanted to sleep, not have some lady pushing on my belly. We also got to watch him stick his little worm tongue out several times. I am absolutely dying to meet this little baby! Apparently Daddy is too. After our appointment we met up with our doula at the hospital to tour the labor and delivery floor. As we were walking down the hallway, they had a little newborn boy out in the hall, and were getting ready to take him into his mom and dad. I thought I was going to have to pry Kyle away, he couldn't stop looking at the little cutie! Then he told me how much he just can't wait for his son :) We are all so ready! These next 6 weeks better fly on by!
![]() |
| I swear he has Creel lips, look at those things! And I still think he's got daddy's nose too! :) |



No comments:
Post a Comment